Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Never Ending Planning

It seems like the wedding has taken over my brain and it hasen't even been 4 months yet since the engagement. Everytime I go online theres a force that compells me to search through wedding stuff! But i'm not complaining :) I have a couple of updates for you all. I booked the photographer.. FINALLY! Shes really cool. I met her at starbucks one day and we talked for like an hour about her photography and what she can offer for me. I think shes the only photographer that had something to tell me.. instead of me asking all of the questions. I like that. Also, she's really organized and her work is very modern and romantic. She also has already done a huge filipino wedding. So she'll be able to handle a large crowd :) Check out her website @ http://www.capturingreallife.com/. You can also check out her blog from that main website.

Hmmm. what else? Oh yes. I also had the realization that I really shouldn't be spending sooo much money. It's only ONE DAY! I have to keep reminding myself that. So I've been trying to find ways to save money. I know that the reception is the bulk of the budget. So, I'm going to try to save with everything else. Especially the flowers. Flowers are SUPER expensive and I think i'm creative enough to come up with my own stuff. I might make a trip to the Orlando Ikea to see if I can get any ideas for the reception. I also found a wholesaler that sells flowers online @ http://www.growersbox.com/. Here you can get bulk flowers for a somewhat cheaper price. I'm thinking about getting the orchid arrangements and putting them under water in cylinder or square vases with floating candles on the top. I posted a couple pics on my first blog.. scroll down check it out!

I also decided that i'm not going with my original idea for personalized coffee mugs with coffee for wedding favors. It was sooo cute!! But it costs too much and theres more chance that something can go wrong with them! I'm sticking to the very popular candy wedding favor. I saw a couple of ideas online. Like there was one where they used test tubes like from a science lab and put candy inside them and put a label on the outside. I thought that was neat, but then Joseph said it goes against everything you learn in chemistry.. lol.. and maybe people would think its kind of weird? I'll still keep it in the back of my mind.. Also, theres a website called http://www.papermart.com/ where they have really cheap boxes and bags of all shapes and sizes that you can buy in bulk prices. I was thinking about buying some to put either candy or some kind of dessert in.. like brownies!! mmmm brownies.. or fudge! ooo.. maybe I can make the favors???? or peppermint bark.. yunno the chocolate with peppermint pieces in it!!! man! i love food.. heeheheheheh... We shall see.. If I decide to take on making the desserts I'm sure I will get alot of help with it.. :)


Ok.. time to start the day! have a great week everyone!




MMMMMMM.. peppermint bark!!!

No comments: