Friday, February 15, 2008

Centerpiece ideas!

Just thought i'd post up a couple of the ideas I have for my wedding reception centerpieces.. I want things to look modern and elegant, but still be cost-friendly.. I might alternate the tables with different centerpieces.. One with all candles and others with vases and submerged orchids.. I found a really good website called fiftyflowers.com and they sell orchids by the stem for about 2 bucks each! I also am trying to find vases for cheap..please lemme know if you guys know of any website or store that has them...



This is similar to what i want to do.. i want to place the orchid stems in either a cylinder or square tall vase, fill with water, then place a floating candle on top..

I thought it might also be cool to use either colored stones or water and place a submersible light to brighten up the centerpice.. they have these things called light cubes and they come in different colors.. they run on battery and all you do is stick in in the vase. cool huh?!

I thought this was cute.. a little candle cake
More submersed orchids..
I really like this one.. it was done using ikea drinking glasses, candles, and flowerpetals.. really simple, but it sets the mood..
I love the color of these flowers and how it was used in the dark black containers.. this is really modern and simple.. love it..
Another orchid in vase.. i like how they tied ribbon to add some color.. I also like how the heights are varied..
ohhhh.. this another thing i want to do.. but don't know if it might cost too much.. i want to make a crystal tree for the place card area.. its sooo pretty!!!
more glasses with candles.. a cheap but still cute alternative to candle holders..
Pretty in pink

I budgeted about $1000.00 total for reception decor, ceremony decor, and bridal and bridesmaids flowers.. hopefully i can stick to the budget and still make the wedding pretty! most of the money is going towards the dinner because receptions at hotels are not cheap! ok..well gtg get ready.. me and joseph are going to holy spirit today to meet with the priest.. have a good weekend! :)







No comments: