Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My first wedding blog!

Hello hello.. So i was browsing online and saw that many brides-to-be have been tracking their wedding plans through blogs. I thought i't would be fun to document every step of the wedding and share it with my friends and the internet world!

For those of you who don't know my fiance and I got engaged on New year's eve 2008. At the stroke of midnight around all our friends and family my high-school sweetheart, best friend, and boyfriend of 9 years gave me a proposal that I will never forget. When he bent down on one knee I just burst into tears! While i was covering my mouth and wiping my eyes.. all that i could think about is what we've been through and how much we have loved and supported eachother for the past 9 years. I knew that this proposal was not only the happiest time of my life, but it was meant to be!

Everytime there was a wedding going on aunties and uncles would ALWAYS ask us, (in auntie/uncle voice) "So, wen are you two going to get mahhried?" We would always say, "oh.. not yet.. One day though" and try to run away..lol.. But now i can finally say.. "Why yes auntie! We are getting married this year!" ehehehe...

As far as wedding planning goes.. We have set the date for December 27, 2008. We are still in the process of looking for a church to have the ceremony.. Having two different religions and two mothers who have strong opinions has made this process a little difficult for me.. but i know it will work out in the end!

We've also been checking out various hotels and reception locations... here are a couple that we have visited and are on my top list:


The River Club- premiere dining club



This place is soooo beautiful.. its located on the 37th floor of the Modis building in downtown Jacksonville. The views from the main lobby are awesome.. and the price is managable. The only problem is we're have pretty large wedding list and its been hard to reduce the number.. another negative is that they don't have a space large enough to accomodate the dinner and dance floor in one room. We would have to seperate the dinner and dancing area in two different spaces. I think this may cause more headaches for me, but the skyline view still has me keeping this place on my "maybe" list.





Next on my list....

Marriott at JTB




This hotel is pretty nice. It has space big enough to accomodate all our guests, the dancefloor, and auntie line dances! The prices are pretty good and its in a central location.. so.. i'm still keeping this one in mind..

Renaissance Resort at World Golf Village


Another hotel, located at the world golf village.. its in a nice area and located right off 1-95.. it has enough space for all our guest and their prices are also reasonable. Joseph and I visited this hotel when we went to a bridal show.. its really nice.. you see all the men in their golf pants and kleets walking around the hotel! One great thing about this hotel is that they also have special event lighting services that would let me use lighting to make the space more elegant and change the mood..

Example!



To me lighting can make any place feel and look great! I want to do this same type of lighting effect at my reception, but i'm not sure what the price range is on this sort of thing.. i'm willing to spend the money though... let just say.. Overtime!!!


Last on my list is Marriott at Sawgrass..



I just emailed them today so i'm still waiting to see what their price range is. It located in ponte vedra so i'm not expecting it to be cheap! But i'm hoping they'll have similar packages to the Marriott at JTB... Plus the resort looks awesome! ***edit*** just found out prices are 92-104bucks a head.. nevermind!!! :P

Last but not least... I found my dress!!!! That is one big thing that i'm able to check off my wedding-to-do list... I almost bought another dress for $1400, but luckily I was able to find a reasonably priced wedding dress at a small boutique at Jax Beach called "the simple bride." I love this dress! its so beautiful and fits me like a glove... its an ivory mermaid wedding gown with a sweet heart neckline and swavorski crystal beading at the bodice and on the cathedral train.. Plus it costs almost $600 less than the dress i was going to get!!!


Well, hope you enjoyed my wedding adventure so far.. more updates to come!



Your bride to be,

Cheryl




























No comments: