Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Vendors schmendors..

Right now I feel like i'm getting somewhere with this wedding planning business. Joseph and I met with the priest.. I was so nervous for some reason when we got there.. but he was real nice and made us feel comfortable.. Looks like we have to have to wedding in a catholic church, but I can have the pastor there also.. So i let my mom know and I guess it's fine.. We're planning to have the wedding on Dec. 27, 2008.. and the priest is available for that day. I also am calling St. Joseph's catholic church to see if we can have the ceremony there.. its a beautiful church thats located closer to my house and the reception site..



I also chose the Renaissance Hotel at World Golf Village for my reception. The catering events director gave me and my mom an awesome tour.. The set up of the banquet room is perfect and she also provides wedding coordination for the day of for about $250 which is sooo much cheaper than other planners.... I'm sooo excited now because I can picture how the wedding is gonna be!! :D heheheh..

I also chose my photographer. I met with her a couple of weeks ago.. She was really friendly and seemed like she loved what she was doing.. I also liked that her prices were reasonable and that her style was more photojournalistic.. The package I chose was for seven hours of ceremony and reception for about $2200, plus I get an engagement session and all the high resolution files on cd with reprint permission.. Check out her website.. http://www.photographybynikki.com/

I chose simply wed video for the videography.. I like their style because its just simple with music and good camera shots..Plus they use HD cameras and their package only costs $1500 for six hours.. compared to like the $2000-3000 everyone else was asking for.. They also give all the raw footage on tapes that way we can watch or edit our own vids.. You can check out his website at www.simplywedvideo.com.

We'll looks like things are going well for now.. Like always.. i'll try to keep this blog updated as I go! :)

Cheryl

No comments: